Now… How do we embed an existing Canvas App? Do we have rebuild it from scratch following the steps described in the articles above? Thanks to Microsoft, not.
- Open the existing Canvas App in the editor.
- Click App settings then Edit app name.
- Copy App ID and store it for the future.
- Open Account form on a Dynamics 365 instance. For the text field on the form Field Properties -> Controls tab click Add Control.
- From the list of controls select Canvas app. Click Add.
- Click on the Edit icon to edit App ID.
- Paste the existing Canvas App App ID here then click OK.
- Click on the Customize button to open the editor.
9. You’ve got the context passed to the Canvas App now. ModelDrivenFormIntegration. Data contains the list of records, in our case – just one.
10. Still, we use First() to get the only record in the list and Name property to display on the form.
11. This is how it looks inside a model-driven app.
All credits goes to Ravi Mukkelli. Check his blog to learn more about some cool Dynamics 365 and PowerApps stuff.